Welder - Robot Operator (Days) Job
Date: Jul 4, 2014
Location: Beloit, KS, US
Req ID: 779
The welders overall are responsible for welding in the following areas of the plant. These include but not limited to Small Parts, Frames, Robotic, Lift Cell and Research and Development. They must pass an entrance exam demonstrating their skills in welding techniques common to this industry.
They must be able to use their tools and equipment in a proficient manner to fabricate welding seams in this manufacturing setting.
Responsibilities and Job Functions
- The employee is responsible for reading, interpreting and performing welding techniques to fabricate parts to be used in the manufacturing of product. This includes possessing basic mechanical knowledge and use of hand tools; following instruction on how to load jigs, and weld small parts.
- The employee is responsible for keeping tools and equipment in good working order.
- Robotics requires the employee to be competent in welding as well as ability to utilize computer based software operating the robotic machine.
- The employee must be competent in use of all measuring tools used by AGCO welding department.
- The employee is responsible for use of cutting equipment as deemed necessary and understanding hard welding.
- The employee must maintain proper product counts and report them as required in a timely manner.
- Employee is responsible for any re-work or corrections as necessary to ensure a product meets specifications.
- Employee must be willing to be moved to another area of the plant as needed for productivity objectives.
- Must be able to complete paper work that ensures good communication skills, both written and through reports.
- Employees are required not to lift greater than 50 pounds without lift device.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Post hire testing is required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Employee must be competent in welding as well as ability to utilize computer based software operating the robotic machine
Must be able to use the following equipment and tools: Welders mask/shield; pliers, and hand tools; robotic welding – computer set up
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Nearest Major Market: Salina
Nearest Secondary Market: McPherson
Job Segment: Welding, Equipment Operator, Machinist, Testing, Manufacturing, Research, Technology
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field