Senior Field Marketing Specialist - Canada Job
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Canada, AB, Canada
Req ID: 790
Position most likely based in CANADA so Qualified Canadian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the growth of the AGCO technology business in North America. The focus of this business development is with the Field Sales Group, especially Field Product Specialists, in North America who support product platforms that involve AGCO technology products. The desired result should be to grow the technology business, as well as achieving the ultimate goal of increasing the sales and market share of base products such as: wheel tractors, track tractors, articulated 4WD tractors, combines, planters, balers, S.P. Windrowers, etc. The incumbent will initiate, develop and coordinate the appropriate Training Plans, within the overall direction of the District, with the field sales teams and assist in implementing the actions necessary to execute the details of the NA Marketing Plans. The ATS Marketing Specialist will serve as the “product expert” and principal resource for technology product related information for the North American Marketing and Sales organizations.
Activities may include but are not confined to supporting training events, product launches, shows and field events. Further, the incumbent will be responsible for procuring competitive intelligence and providing input for competitive comparisons, product development and improvements through the Marketing Group and Product Management Group.
- Work in conjunction with ATS Training and Documentation Marketing Specialist in development of training materials and modules that will assist the Field Sales group in attaining sales and market share goals.
- Assist Field Sales group to develop, implement and maintain Technology Marketing Plans with dealers capable of selling and supporting AGCO technology products. This individual will assist the Field Sales group in the execution of these Marketing Plans. This will include involvement in things such as: business strategies, product training, direct marketing plans, high level customer calls with dealer salesmen, demonstrations, trade show support, etc. The ultimate goal is to grow the dealer’s sales of value added AGCO technology solutions as well as achieving the growth targets of AGCO Corporations in 100+ hp wheel tractors, track tractors, articulated 4WD tractors, combines, planters, balers, S.P. Windrowers and any other product which may have a demand for technology solutions.
- Work closely with the District personnel to achieve sales growth and market share target utilizing AGCO technology solutions.
- Provide input to the AGCO Advanced Technology Solutions Product Marketing Managers on the technology requirements to ensure that the product offering of AGCO Technology Solutions is fully competitive.
- Assist and support the brands during the introduction of products with sales training sessions which include AGCO technology products.
- Work in conjunction with the Field Sales group to provide dealers with a high level of product knowledge to compliment technology sales to ensure dealers are capable of providing a high level of customer satisfaction and thereby achieving sales growth of AGCO products.
- Coordinate relationships with Parts, Service, Product Reliability and other AGCO departments as it relates to the sales growth of AGCO technology products.
- Acceptable Sales volumes of AGCO Advanced Technology Solutions products as defined by the Management of AGCO Corporation.
- Development in the expertise and support capabilities of the Field Sales group for AGCO technology products.
- Achievement of the objectives within North American marketing in terms of market shares, retails, settlements and billings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Agriculture, Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, Finance or other appropriate disciplines.
TRAINING & SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- The incumbent should possess a working knowledge of Sales, Marketing, Product Development and Finance functions.
- This position requires expertise in electronic hardware and software systems. The individual must either have past experience with these products or have the desire and capability to grasp this knowledge at a very rapid pace.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office to create presentations, record field data and effectively communicate through electronic correspondence.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and deliver presentations to small and large groups of customers, company and dealer personnel
- A basic understanding of agronomy and cropping practices
- The ability to work with other departments in a team environment is essential.
- Knowledge in Market Research, Marketing Communications and Training will be a valuable asset. A good understanding of the dealer network is needed to perform the duties of this position.
- 5 years’ experience in either the agricultural industry and/or the technology industry.
- Technical expertise in Technology products is required.
- There is extensive North American travel required for this position.
- The amount of travel may vary week to week, month to month and year to year depending on the specific requirements of the position at any given time.
- Extended travel required including weekends as needed to fulfill seasonal obligations.
- Estimated average travel: 80+% of the time
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Segments: Agricultural, Agronomy, Marketing, Field Marketing, Engineer, Agriculture, Engineering
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.