Manufacturing Technician - Machining Job
Date: Jul 7, 2014
Location: Jackson, MN, US
Req ID: 7601
Support changes to new and current products within component manufacturing to drive cost reduction, quality and safety improvements and enhance flow. Results to be achieved through application of lean principles, sound process and product knowledge and good understanding of quality control fundamentals.
Responsibilities and Job Functions
- Help with troubleshoot problems with, chatter, tool life, machine crashes, and failures.
- Communicate requirements for new or changing parts to other component manufacturing ME teams.
- Hand write programs, determine optimal feeds and speeds, and run first time parts.
- Update and save programs onto our network
- Participate and/or lead events/activities to drive improvements.
- Research and test new tool technology
- CR/NGIT/AMEN/KAS creation and follow-through
- Performs troubleshooting for the products, processes, and procedures related to component mfg.
- Assists in the design and development of production processes to ensure quality and reduced cost in the product.
- Flexibility is required in work hours as there will be occasions where off shift or weekend hours are required for project success and run production parts when we are short staffed.
- Train all operators on lean principles, blue print reading, sound processes, and all other machining related training.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 5-10 years of milling experience or 2 year technical degree.
- Experience in or high levels of exposure to fabrication (saw, mill, lathe, bending equipment, CNC equipment).
- Proficient using Microsoft Windows programs (Outlook, Excel, Access, Word).
- Experience with SPC collection and evaluation.
- Proficient using many CNC controller (Mazatrol, Siemens, Fanuc, Okuma)
Required Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of bills, routings, inventory management, and scheduling/planning processes.
- Understanding machining prints including GD&T.
- Understanding of progression of parts through AGCO quality processes.
- Programming experience (Inventor CAM, Inventor).
- In-Process inspection experience.
- Fundamental understanding of component manufacturing tooling (cutting tooling, bending tooling, etc).
- Communicate in an effective, professional manner to facilitate teamwork.
- Team player with the ability to train others and provide leadership for change and improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive work attitude.
- Good verbal communication and problem solving skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Nearest Major Market: Blue Earth
Job Segment: Inspector, QC, Quality, Research
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field