Quality Tech. Job
Date: Feb 11, 2014
Location Jackson, MN, US
Req ID: 11113
Provide quality assurance support to ensure products produced are manufactured in accordance to the specifications and requirements as defined by the customer and engineering.
Responsibilities and Job Functions
- Quality Improvement Teams: Organizes and facilitates the Quality Improvement Team Meetings in their respective areas. Maintains action register and charts for the meetings.
- Product & Process Audits: Performs required audits by completing necessary inspection procedures (product operation, certification and test procedures), using the appropriate documentation, and attesting to the quality of the product prior to shipment.
- Quality Requirements: Ensures and verifies accuracy and completeness of quality requirements, inspection sheets, engineering documents and sampling sheets used when inspecting parts or units.
- Quality Measurements: Uses basic precision measuring tools, workmanship standards, visual inspection and referencing specifications and blueprints to identify discrepancies. May include calibration activities.
- Document Deficiencies: Document operational deficiencies and provide a means to track and address repetitive issues.
- Troubleshooting/Problem Solving: Troubleshoots daily issues and determines the root cause of the problem. Initiates proper problem solving processes.
- Pilot Runs: Assist Manufacturing and Design Engineering during pilot run’s of prototype units to determine undocumented quality requirements and/or test procedures that should be added to the Quality Requirements.
- Communications: Communicate in the appropriate manner with the appropriate formats (i.e. documents, email, charts, etc.) as necessary to convey quality information to the required parties.
- Change Request (CR): Participate and make recommendations for continuous improvement by submitting CR’s.
- Deviations: Initiates deviations for individual parts, assemblies or machines when it is applicable.
- Non-conformities: Initiate by completing the information required on the appropriate form pertinent to the (Red Tag’s & Rework Sheets) issue identified. Evaluates and dispositions non-conforming parts as deemed necessary.
- Corrective / Preventative Actions (CA): Initiate Corrective/Preventative Action notices as determined necessary to ensure quality processes and products.
- Machine Change Orders (MCO): Reviews the MCO database to ensure that products are in compliance.
- Meetings: Participates in meetings as required. Completes follow-up activities in a timely manner.
- Training – Resource: Provides training to the appropriate people as required.
- Continuous Improvement /Special Projects: Assist and participate when required in Business Unit improvement activities.
Education and Experience
- Required Education: Prefer a two-year Technical Degree/Diploma in a field related to equipment manufacturing.
- Blueprint Reading: Ability to read and interpret blueprints applicable to the process, which includes GD&T.
- Computer Knowledge: Must be knowledgeable of computer systems and pertinent software. MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint.
- Access Required Documents: Ability to learn and access the required documents necessary to perform job function.
- Precision Measuring Equipment: Ability to demonstrate effective use of precision measuring tools and/or equipment.
- Candidate should have relevant experience and knowledge of manufacturing and production processes.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Team Player/Teamwork: Must possess good interpersonal skills. Demonstrates the ability to work with others efficiently and effectively either one-on-one, as a team, or in a group.
- Personality: Must posses a positive attitude with self-motivation.
- Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively with good verbal and writing skills.
- Problem Solving: Ability to utilize problem solving skills and techniques to achieve problem resolution.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Nearest Major Market: Blue Earth
Job Segment: Engineer, Testing, Database, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Quality, Technology
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field