Sr. Design Engineer Job
Date: Jul 19, 2014
Location: Jackson, MN, US
Req ID: 12330
The purpose of this job is to participate in the design and development of new product concepts and complex engineering projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide best in class cost, superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability.
Design Responsibilities Include:
• Conceives and provides practical product design applications using complex technical principles. Emphasis of this position is on creating concepts and directing the design and development of complex engineering projects.
• Conducts technical evaluation of major systems on competitive products.
• Using Should-Cost techniques to compare similar designs for cost efficiency
• Assist in establishing target costs in support of selecting manufacturing strategies and supplier negotiations
• Analysis of Bill of Materials to identify margin improvement opportunities
• Participate in product teardowns to identify margin improvement opportunities
Project Management Responsibilities Include:
• Conducting design reviews with cross functional teams.
• Preparing development plans, maintaining schedules, and meeting budget requirements.
• Directing product validation/test activity on current and prototype designs.
• Evaluating, defining and resolving design and manufacturing problems.
• Develop, communicate, and manage supplier requirements.
• Works with cross functional team to ensure projects are implemented on schedule and meet cost targets.
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a 4 year accredited school
• Proficiency using Excel, Outlook and Project Professional required
• Experience with the design and development of welded structures, mobile hydraulics, and mechanical linkages.
• 3-5 years’ experience working in product design and manufacturing.
• Requires strong leadership ability and good communication skills
• Must have a good mechanical aptitude with the ability to develop product concepts
• Ability to work in a team setting and demonstrate a positive work attitude
Nearest Major Market: Blue Earth
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field