Welder - 2nd Shift Job
Date: Jun 30, 2014
Location: Jackson, MN, US
Req ID: 4941
Sets up, tacks and welds a wide range of components that vary in complexity, size and shapes. Uses special or general purpose fixtures such as blocking or clamping devices. Performs different types of welding processes in different positions.
Responsibilities and Job Functions
- Utilizes proper parts, fixtures/jigs and welding processes for set up and welding of components.
- Assemble components into jigs to ensure proper specifications per blueprint.
- Heats, bends, cuts, fits, grinds and clean material as required.
- Mark and tack components in specified sequence (as required) to prepare for welding process.
- Perform welds in all positions as required following blueprint specifications to complete the product maintaining specified dimensions and tolerances while maintaining required productivity.
- Inspects welds as work progresses in order to assure that weld quality is met and follows blueprint specifications.
- Obeys all safety regulations and wears proper safety equipment at all times.
- Maintains clean work area at all times to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Assist with inventory management – assisting with putting parts in their proper location, maintaining proper kanban quantities, turning in kanban signals at proper times and preparing finished parts to be safely moved to the next location.
- Assist with reworking parts as required by the Group Lead or Team Lead.
- Fill in for absent employees as required by the Group Lead or Team Lead.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Group Lead or Team Lead.
Education and Experience
- Vocational education or formal training in the area of welding preferred but not required.
- 1-year experience in welding and the ability to follow blueprints.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must possess basic math skills, understanding of decimals and fractions for measurement.
- Must be able to pass a hands-on welding test
- Ability to provide leadership for change and improvement
- Team player who can work effectively in a team environment and demonstrate a positive work attitude
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Nearest Major Market: Blue Earth
Job Segment: Welding, Manufacturing
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field